Wednesday, October 1, 2008

You know after reading Karen's blog I suddenly realized something why do you always long for the things you wanted to get away from in the first place? Maybe its the feeling of adventure in the unknown I guess. When I was in Oregon all my life I wanted to see places go places and be anywhere but there. Oh don't get me wrong I still want those all exciting vacations but as Dorothy said, THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME. There's alot of truth to that statement but, what happened to home is where you hang your hat? Karen maybe we should buy a hat. And I love my life in Florida with Robert but I too miss my family and Forrest, Stacey and the grandkids. I miss seeing the sun set over the snow mountains all pink and beautiful. And theres really nothing like waking up on Christmas morning and seeing everything covered in snow. Of course that really doesn't have to hang around for 3 months, I do remember getting tired of seeing all white. It is beautiful here in a very different way than Oregon we really don't have the seasons here either. But I think fall is my fav in Florida. Crisp mornings ,you know 70 or something but after having those humid mornings fall is nice. Not much rain and honestly if I could I'd live in Oregon half the year and Florida the other. Guess thats a goal to go after huh? And Karen those darn kids can"t they just stay home??? Well, maybe not home home but close so we could at least see them. I guess maybe when their kids are grown and wondering around the world they will see what we go through. Anyway I feel your pain and your happiness so you are not in that boat alone. everyone have a great wednesday and talk at you all soon. Listen to me ,I think I'm sounding a bit southern you all!!!!! love ya

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I think I should stay in Oregon, Sounds confusing out there.

Debbie said...

Oh, by the way "Jackie" says to say hi,Kathe her niece called and left a message.



Deb and Robert

Andrew and his wife Brandie

Forrest and Stacey

andrew

For's lil family

Grandpa and Faith at the beach

Andrew future triathaloner!!!!!

us and the grandkids Andrew and Faith

aaaahhhh!!!!!!