Friday, October 3, 2008

Ah, October I love Halloween month. Don't know exactly why but it brings the kid out in me. Can't wait to climb in the attic and dig out all the Halloween decorations we have. And all those cute lil trick or treaters. Just a fun time for me. I remember the first time I took Forrest trick or treating I know I had more fun than him. He was like 2 and we lived in Sweet Home at the time took him to the avenues anyone thats lived there knows where that is because thats where we would get our mega stash of candy each year. Anyway we went out and about an hr into it he wanted to go home poor kid and me of course I said one more house ok??? Well I finally gave in and took him home where he totally had more fun handing out the candy than receiving it. Whats wrong with that picture oh well, it was still fun. Back when I was a kid that was the most exciting nite of the year except when Santa came yahoo!!!!!! tons of new toys and of course the nite before present we always got to open. That was aaallllwwwaaaaayyyyssssssssss pajamas. Just so we wouldn't look raggity on Christmas morning for all those pictures. Childhood!!!! No worries, no problems wonderful life. Didn't it seem like time went by slower then? Maybe if we started wondering how much longer till Christmas or Halloween or exciting things like that time would slow down again like when we were kids. Geez I think I was like 13 or something before I realized who Santa really was. Thats the joy of being the oldest kid in the family you get to be that kid the longest. I know when I had my son all I wanted was for him to have the same wonderful childhood I remembered having mostly always happy and having fun and just being able to be that kid.Then it was can't wait to be 18 and out of school now what ? then can't wait to be 21 drinkin legal!!! big deal by then it was no fun anymore, then wow I'm 30, bam 40, then no way 50??? wow where did the time go??? when I was young people 50 were old. Funny I don't feel old. Time is a strange thing don't you think? Well time to get ready for work can't wait, hey I'm getting into the can't wait mode see if it slows things down a lil. Anyway have a great Friday

1 comment:

Randy said...

Halloween is one of my favorite times too. We really decorate for all the trick or treaters. Probably over do it with the fog machine, strobe lights, sound effects, skeletons on mopeds, etc., but it's fun. 50 seems aweful old to me ... at least for a few more months then it'll seem young. But for now it seems old.



Deb and Robert

Andrew and his wife Brandie

Forrest and Stacey

andrew

For's lil family

Grandpa and Faith at the beach

Andrew future triathaloner!!!!!

us and the grandkids Andrew and Faith

aaaahhhh!!!!!!